In the early months of 2014, we gathered as a spirit-led community to envision, name and clarify the sense of our current condition, needs and desires. The resulting vision statements are the outcomes of these gatherings.
- Durham Meeting is a circle of Friends who admire, inspire, encourage, support, and love each other with God at the center.
- We are a learning community of seekers, teachers, doubters, and believers. With open minds and hearts we seek truth. We support and encourage ministry among us.
- We are a seasoned community interested in attracting new attenders of all ages because of who we are, what we believe, and how we live peacefully and joyfully in a challenging world.
- We are a service community who makes the world better with our prayers and our individual and collective actions. We help each other in need and celebrate each other in success.
- We are a spiritual community guided by Christian principles, Quaker testimonies, and the sense of the meeting.
- We are a tolerant and humble community that welcomes new and different ways of understanding God blended with our traditional beliefs. We honor the light within each person.
- We are a responsible community with high standards for financial viability, stewardship of our land and buildings, good governance, and clear communications.