Youth ministers Maggie Fiori and Gretchen Baker-Smith invite Friends of all ages from across the Yearly Meeting to gather with their local meetings – in person or virtually – to bake, laugh, and consider what yeast and bread have to tell us about Spirit and community. You can read more about it here.
Saturday, March 5: Durham Bread Day- please come via zoom or in person!!
- For those who feel comfortable gathering in person-with masks:
- Gather at 9:30 at our Meeting house kitchen.
- Join the NEYM zoom link at 10, for a short check-in and meditation with others from around New England! https://zoom.us/j/96433956342?pwd=OXhtVGZJMlJHRVhzcTlYV09YSVg0Zz09
- Make bread together using our own choices and ingredients.
- Join the zoom during sharing times while the bread is rising and baking. (Singing, games, stories…) NEYM zoom ends at 2pm.
- Take photos and upload them to the shared site!
- Some of us will deliver bread samples to some older Durham Friends who live alone.
- Stay in your own kitchen and bake bread!
- Join the NEYM zoom link at 10 for a short check-in and meditation with others from around New England! https://zoom.us/j/96433956342?pwd=OXhtVGZJMlJHRVhzcTlYV09YSVg0Zz09
- Make bread of your choice, stay on the zoom link or come and go as you please.
- While your bread is rising and/or baking, join the zom link for singing, games, stories. NEYM zoom ends at 2pm
- Take photos and upload them to the shared site.
- If you’d like- share some bread with a neighbor or friend or just enjoy a yummy slice of homemade bread knowing many other Friends are also enjoying their delicious creation.
ZOOM Plan for Gretchen’s Kitchen
March 5, 2022, 10AM-2PM
Meeting ID: 964 3395 6342
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,96433956342# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,96433956342# US (Chicago)
|10:00||Welcome, explain the day. Hello’s to each other!|
|10:10||Introduction Message & Meditation from Gretchen|
|10:20||Start Bread – all are welcome to make any kind!|
|11:00||Dough will Rise||From here on out, we will bob and weave with what we do… I expect people to come and go, come late, etc. We will likely read some picture books and possibly people will have stories.. We may also have breakout room optional conversations or Whiteboard Drawing collaborations. Perhaps we’ll sing with different people leading.We will encourage everyone to send photos or thoughts or short videos to share.|
|2:00||Done, celebrate goodbye!|
|After this time, I’m available by text! But I will be helping my Meeting with their bread day so will be off this zoom. GBS #508-287-6441|