Yea- the school year is almost over and summer is upon us!!
Please come join Durham Friends in Georgetown at Betsy Muench’s ocean paradise! We are invited anytime on Saturday, June 18 AND Sunday June 19.
Saturday is a day for play.
On Sunday, Falmouth Quarter Friends have been invited to join us! We will hold a family friendly Meeting for worship on the beach at 10:30 and the rest of the day is at your pleasure!
Let me know your plans if you can, but come anyway and surprise us if you decide to come last minute!!(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Directions are at the end of this message- I will fasten a balloon by the driveway! Everyone is warmly invited. Betsy loves to share this beautiful place with us and it is a lovely gift. Wendy Schlotterbeck’s cell# is 513-9187. The house phone is # 371-2237
Note: Durham Monthly Meeting for Business this month will be June 26, not June 19.
What to bring?
1. Bathing suit, towel and sunscreen.
2. Change of clothes, jacket and bug spray.
3. Food- bring a picnic lunch, drinks and snacks- there is water at the house.
4. Mask- please bring a mask to wear if you use the bathroom inside Betsy’s house, and wear one outside if you wish.
5. Betsy has several kayaks, life jackets… to share but feel free to bring your own.
6. Friends! We welcome your friends.
7. As always, please come only if you are Covid symptom free to keep our community safe.
8. If it’s bad weather we will likely cancel- call Wendy if in doubt.
Directions to the Holt-Muench property at 710 Bay Point Road in Georgetown:
Take Rt. 127 south from where it crosses Rt. 1 in Woolwich (just across the river from Bath, Maine) and follow it 8.8 miles to Georgetown center. On the right, after you pass the Georgetown Pottery, post office, Country Store and firehouse, Bay Point Road will turn off just before you start down the hill. After about 3 miles Bay Point Road will cross a marsh and make a fairly sharp bend to the left, then start watching for a white feldspar driveway on the left. Our mail box may or may not be out on the right. After you turn in to the driveway a white sign on a tree to the left of the gate says Holt. Follow the driveway down to the end and park on the feldspar circle by the house. Total distance is about 12 miles from Rt. 1.