Present: Dorothy Curtis, Kim Bolshaw, Nancy Marstaller, at the Meetinghouse
- We will hold our next meeting in person at Dorothy Curtis’ house, with zoom as an option, Monday, December 18 at 7 PM. We will hold an exchange of small gifts, handmade if possible.
- We are sending thinking of you cards to Friends and will pray for them also.
- Nancy led the program using the lesson from “Blueprints”- Rooted in Love by Deb Moyer. The author shared her experiences when her husband got the Covid virus and was so sick they thought he might die. She shared the devotional readings that really helped her, as well as the prayer chain organized by their Meeting. Her closing prayer:
“Father God, thank you being ever present with us. Thank you for letting us “feel” your presence through those who care for us here on earth. Bring to mind those whom you want us to care for in your name. Help us to live each day letting your love and light flow through us. We love you and praise Your name. Amen.”
- The minutes of the last meeting were read and approved. The treasurer’s report was read and accepted. Our current balance is $92.96. We’ve received $30 for memberships and $26 for Blueprints. We need to pay dues of $60 to USFW-NE. Tonight’s offering was $18.
- There was no report of the November Tedford meal. Team A, led by Kim, will provide the December meal.
Dorothy closed the meeting with this poem from Children’s Prayers: A Little Book of Prayers and Praise by Lucy Gray Kendall.
A LITANY FOR THANKSGIVING
For the blessings from Thy hand
Thou hast sent upon our land- Father, we thank Thee.
For Thy gifts of rain and snow,
Sunshine, too, to make things grow- Father, we thank Thee.
For the golden wheat in sheaves,
The glory of the autumn leaves- Father, we thank Thee.
For the purple grapes hung low,
For the corn shocks in a row- Father, we thank Thee.
— Nancy Marstaller, secretary pro tem